North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre
Smallway Leisure Park
License no: 80551
Breeding License: 35243
For alll bookings, enquires and injured wildlife please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our 'News & Updates' section for ways to support us with our work, for latest Covid-19 and Avian Influenza restrictions and how your bookings made be effected.
Found a injured wild bird of prey?
- Gently place a blanket over the injured bird and pick it up
- Place the Bird in a well ventilated darkened cardboard box. Line with a towel or newspaper.
- Do not attempt to feed or offer water as this can be detrimental and may delay any treatment we can provide.
Email email@example.com with the following details and we will arrange a time for you to drop off the bird or if possible we will collect.
- Your contact details including name, address and telephone number.
- Birds details including where it was found, any obvious injuries and if possible a photograph to ID.
All rescue and rehabilitation work is self funded by NSBOPC, we receive no government grants or funding. If you would like to support our work please consider sending a donation or purchasing an Experience Day
North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre
Smallway Leisure Park
Phone: 07557 785621 leave your name and number for a call back
We are located on the Smallway Retail Park which is on the same side of the road and in between Cadbury Garden Centre and Cadbury House Hotel on the Smallway road in Congresbury. The visitor centre is through Mendip conservatories and next to Heathers Coffee Shop and the Jungle Run Soft Play. Just follow our signs!
Hawk Walks are ran from Banwell Castle, Castle Hill, Banwell, BS29 6NX.
There is free parking to the front of the Smallway Leisure Park site.
We are a no smoking or vaping site.
There are hand washing facilities at the centre. Toilets as well as a dedicated disabled toilet are just outside the main entrance at Heather's Coffee Shop.
Here at the North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre we try to make ourselves wheelchair-friendly. The paths are generally quite firm and all one level across the whole centre. There is a slight slope up to our flying arena. Mobility scooters (or an enthusiastic wheelchair pusher!) will be fine. However if you are finding it difficult to push or negotiate your way around the centre our staff and volunteers are pleased to be able to assist if help is needed - just give us a shout! We can accommodate wheelchair users on our Owl Experience, Falconry Day and Bird of Prey Experiences.
As a rule we do not allow dogs or other animals into the Centre as they can frighten or upset the birds, however guide dogs will be allowed in if we are warned in advance. We do apologise, but with wildlife, such as birds of prey, we do need some advance warning. During the flying you may be asked to sit at the back, a little away from the birds so they are not distracted by an unfamiliar dog.
Booking Terms & Conditions
By making a booking or by purchasing an experience voucher implies acceptance to the following conditions;
* Gift vouchers purchased through out website are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
* A strict 7 day cancellation period applies or vouchers will be considered used. There are no exceptions.
* All vouchers and bookings are non-refundable. There are no exceptions.
* Bookings and enquiries must be made via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that we can become very busy, especially at weekends. This should be taken into account when redeeming any vouchers and we recommend booking at least six weeks in advance.
* Late arrivals for experiences will be turned away. Please plan your journey to ensure that you arrive on time for your experience. Please email ahead at the earliest opportunity if you are running late. We will accommodate you where we can, however this is often not possible if the session has already started.
* Experiences are subject to change with regards to weather conditions and birds available on the day.
* Under 18's must be accompanied by a paying adult, either as a participant or a spectator.
* Spectators are welcome on the Hawk Walk, Owl Experience and Bird of Prey Experience for an additional £10 per person payable on the day. Under 4's are free and there is no need to pre book for spectators. The spectator fee for a Falconry Day is £20pp. We cannot accomodate spectators on the Meet the Animals Experiences.
* Animals used in the Meet the Animals Experience will be allocated on the day depending on numerous factors. We unfortunately cannot guarantee requests for specific animals.
* Please be aware that whilst our animals are captive bred and interacted with on a daily basis, they are not 'pets' and are still retain much of their wild behaviours. They must be treated with respect at all times and failure to follow our handlers instructions can result in accidents or injury. We are not liable for any injury or accident incurred during visits or experiences.
* Our birds of prey are fully trained, usually from just a few weeks of age, and they perform flying displays and experiences every single week. However, they are still wild animals and we cannot guarantee their performance. No refunds will be given in the event of poor performance.
* Experiences do not include admission into our visitors centre. Our visitors centre is open on selected dates throughout the year. For more information please visit the 'Open Days' section of our website.
* The North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre will not be responsible for damage or soiling to clothing or footwear during a booking or an experience day. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear for the activity you are doing. We recommend long sleeves & trousers and walking boots or wellies for the Hawk Walk and Meet the Animals Experience.
* Some activities are weather dependent, you will be notified either by telephone or email, prior to your experience if weather conditions are going to postpone your booking.
* The North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre reserves the right to cancel any booked experience (including at short notice) in the case of the weather, ground conditions, or emergency. The North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre will not be liable for any losses incurred by the guests in this situation. No refunds will be given for any reason including bad weather and circumstances beyond our control. The North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre is not responsible for any losses whatsoever encountered by a guest, if a booking for an experience day has to be cancelled due to bad weather, any unforeseen, or emergency situation.
* If an experience day is cancelled by The North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre, an alternative date will be offered and vouchers may be extended if required.