North Somerset Bird of Prey Centre
Smallway Leisure Park
License no: 80551
Breeding License: 35243
For alll bookings, enquires and injured wildlife please email email@example.com
Please see our 'News & Updates' section for ways to support us with our work, for latest Covid-19 and Avian Influenza restrictions and how your bookings made be effected.
Following the governments latest announcement on 4th January 2021, we are once again closed for the foreseeable future. If you would like to help support the centre during this latest period of closure, please see the ways in which you can help below.
AVIAN INFLUENZA UPDATE
Due to increased cases of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) in the UK “new housing measures, which will come into force on 14 December, mean that it will be a legal requirement for all bird keepers to keep their birds indoors and to follow strict biosecurity measures in order to limit the spread of and eradicate the disease” DEFRA
This means that as of today, our birds go into lockdown too.
What does that mean for us?
There will be no off-site flying displays until further notice which means our Hawk Walks will not be able to go ahead. All other experiences will be going ahead as planned. Our already strict bio security measures have been increased to comply with the latest regulations. Which means we are disinfecting and cleaning even more than normal and you will be asked to disinfect your footwear on arrival too. Our visitors centre has been restricted to essential personnel only to reduce footfall as well.
It is safe to say this year has been a disaster. We were forced closed from March-August then again for the whole of November and now we have even more worry and restrictions placed upon us. We know this year has been a terrible year for most and everyone is struggling in one way or another but if you are able to help or would like to send a donation, we would really appreciate it.
How can we help?
- Donations of fruit & veg are needed regularly to help keep the animals well fed. Just drop us an email or message us via our social media pages to see what we are in most need of.
- Purchase a gift voucher from our website for an experience day
- Adopt your favourite feathered friend from our website and help towards their feed costs and upkeep for the year
- Send a donation to our fundraiser, PayPal or by BACS
Our Falconry Days, Owl Experiences, Bird of Prey Encounters and Meet the Animals Experiences have all resumed.
What do I need to know?
- We have several additional safety measures in place for the safety of our animals, staff and visitors. These include additional hand sanitiser, disinfecting of gloves between uses, reduced group sizes to allow better social distancing and all staff wearing recommended PPE.
- We are no longer able to offer cream teas on our Bird of Prey Experiences or Falconry Days as the on site coffee shop has reduced hours and reduced capacity in order to comply with the hospitality industry guidelines. Where cream teas would normally be included, we have lengthened the experience and included more bird handling to compensate.
- You will be asked to wait outside our gates and a member of staff will greet you at your designated start time.
- All participants must bring their own face covering or mask and wear it throughout the experience. Failure to comply will result in you being turned away without the option to rebook. We do not have mask or face coverings we can provide so please do make sure you have your own. Spectators will also be required to wear face coverings if they wish to be within 2m of the birds and our staff. Under 4s are exempt.
- We can not accommodate late arrivals on any of our Experience Days so please make sure you arrive in plenty of time and as always a 7 day cancellation and rescheduling policy applies to all bookings.
- Spectators are still welcome to join us on our Experience Days.
- All Experience Days are held in groups. Please contact us directly for a quote on a private Experience Day.
- If you have a gift voucher that has expired or is due to expire, please email us regarding an extension.
- All bookings, experience days, outreach visits and educational sessions are non refundable as per our terms and conditions. If we are forced to close we will be rebooking sessions free of charge.
- All bookings must be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not currently taking telephone bookings. We thank you for your patience and we will respond to all enquires as soon as possible.
How can we help?
Donations of fruit & veg are needed regularly to help keep the animals well fed so feel free to bring some along when you visit, the animals will really appreciate it!
Send a donation to our fundraiser, PayPal or by BACS
OUR RESCUE WORK
As a non for profit organisation we really rely on help from the kind public to help us with our rescue and rehabilitation work. Since 2015 setting up our animal hospital, we have managed to help 69 injured wild birds of prey and other neglected animals and this number is ever growing. It simply would not be possible without your help and support so thank you.
If you would like to help us help wildlife and animals in need there are many ways in which you can;
- Donations allow us to offer medical help to any wild bird of prey that needs it https://www.paypal.me/nsbopc
- Book an Experience day to meet our birds of prey up close. Your money goes straight back into the centre to allow us to care for more sick and injured wildlife.
- Amazon wish list. We have compiled a list of useful items we need. Everything from medical and cleaning equipment to enrichment and toys for the animals in our care. Starting from just a few pounds, everything, no matter how small, really does make a big difference https://www.amazon.co.uk/…/wishlist/29QN…/ref=cm_wl_huc_view
- Find us on social media. Simply liking and sharing our posts helps spread the word about what we do and helps us educate people on the wildlife around us. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.